Join our growing team!!
Chesapeake Children's Therapy Center is a distinctive, dynamic, and growing health care provider of rehabilitation and allied professional services.
Established in 1978, Chesapeake is recognized for its expertise in delivery of pediatric therapy services in a wide variety of settings and programs, including Early Intervention programs, school systems, Head Start programs, and our clinic in Springfield, VA.
Our staff loves working at Chesapeake Children's Therapy Center for many reasons including teamwork and transdisciplinary learning. We provide a comprehensive orientation and structured mentoring program to allow all clinicians to become expert pediatric therapists. Our programs are fun and innovative, and we encourage all therapists to participate in program planning and design. We offer flexible schedules to include full-time, part-time, and perdiem positions. School System opportunities are available in the District of Columbia.
Our ultra-competitive benefits include:
- employer paid short term disability
- employees may voluntarily elect medical, dental, vision, long term disability, and life insurance
- 9 paid holidays and 15 days of vacation per year starting
- Flexible work schedule
- Educational assistance ( an allowance for CEUs)
- One company sponsored training day per year
- cell phone and mileage reimbursement
We offer a $500 bonus to anyone who introduces us to friends in the industry for a full-time position. The bonus is paid out after the referral has worked for us for 60 days! Please refer your friends (PT's, OT's or SLP's) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org today!
As of June 18, 2012
||Early intervention and Clinic in Northern Viringia
|Full Time /Part Time/PRN
||Early Intervention and Clinic in Northern Virginia
||Bilingual (Spanish Speaking) SLP
||DC Charter Schools, Early Intervention, and Clinic in Northern Virginia
Physical Therapist (PT) Job Posting
As a Physical Therapist with Chesapeake Children's Therapy Center, you will have the opportunity to work in a variety of pediatric settings throughout your career. Early intervention physical therapy services are provided in the child’s natural environment in accordance with the IFSP. Treatment will address (is not limited to) neuromuscular and neurodevelopment, orthopedic/musculoskeletal, functional/activities of daily living and cardiopulmonary needs. Clinic services are provided in our Springfield, VA facility and are primarily for clients ages three and above. You will provide comprehensive, family-centered and culturally competent services to our clients. There are also opportunities to work in schools!
- B.S. Degree in Physical Therapy (from an American Physical Therapy Association accredited program)
- License in Physical Therapy in the Commonwealth of Virginia
- 2+ years experience working with infants and toddlers with disabilities (desired)
- Effective oral and written communication skills
Occupational Therapist (OT) Job Posting
Occupational Therapists will evaluate and provide occupational therapy services to children in Early Intervention Programs, in accordance with federal regulations (Part C and Part B of IDEA). Will conduct comprehensive occupational therapy evaluations that examine areas of functions in gross motor, fine motor, sensory motor, sensory processing, reflex testing muscle strength, mobility level, activities of daily living, perceptual motor skills, equipment issues and ranges of motion for school-aged youth in our private clinic in Northern Virginia.
- B.S. Degree in Occupational Therapy (from an American Occupational Therapy Association - AOTA accredited program). M.S. preferred.
- New graduates encouraged to apply
- District of Columbia and/or Virginia licensure
- Successful completion of AOTA National Certification Examination and have current membership
- Pediatric experience
Speech Language Pathology (SLP) Therapist Job Posting
We are looking for a dynamic and enthusiastic bilingual Pediatric Speech Language Pathologist for Full time/PRN opportunities in the DC/Northern Virginia area. Candidate will evaluate and implement speech-language pathology treatment and will provide consultation with other professionals/individuals involved in the care of the client.
- Requires a master's degree in speech-language pathology
- Requires a certificate of clinical competence in speech-language pathology (CCC)
- Expected to meet certain state licensing requirements
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within the SLP field
- 1-2 years of pediatric experience (desired)
NEW GRADUATES ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!